Dual credit courses from regionally accredited Christian colleges and universities
Our dual credit program enables students to simultaneously earn high school and college credits without forgoing the biblical worldview that is central to Christian education. Research suggests that more than one-third of high school students are now taking courses for post-secondary credit before graduating. For many, it is an affordable way to gain college credit, earn scholarships, and explore Christian colleges.
We are pleased to work with two of the nation’s leading Christian liberal arts institutions to offer a wide array of courses for students. Both provide distinctive programs and opportunities, which are detailed below.
How It Works
- Courses are ordered and paid for through Sevenstar’s systems.
- Sevenstar will facilitate enrollment into the program of choice.
- Students will complete their coursework through the institution chosen.
- Grades are reported back to Sevenstar and we will record those in our system—awarding 1 credit of high school credit in addition to the 3 or 4 credits earned at the college.
- The college or university will provide students with instructions to request official transcripts for transferring to their college of choice upon graduation.
Founded in 1846, Taylor University is the oldest non-denominational school in the Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU). For more than 170 years, Taylor has stayed true to its heritage—challenging each generation of students to integrate faith with learning and follow Christ’s calling. With more than 60 majors across the arts, humanities, sciences, and social sciences, and a Foundational Core curriculum that promotes a broad base of knowledge, Taylor encourages students to ask hard questions, apply themselves to the tasks at hand, and embrace their callings. The university’s dedication to excellence in and out of the classroom has led to numerous national recognitions.
Distinctive elements of dual credit with Taylor
- Rolling enrollments—students may begin on any day of the year and have four months to complete the course. A one-time four-month extension is available for $250.
- While facilitated by Taylor University professors, courses are designed to be asynchronous and self-directed. This allows students to work on their college courses at anytime from anywhere.
- Wide variety of courses offered to allow students to explore topics of interest.
- Click here to submit a course request and pay in the Sevenstar system at least 2 weeks ahead of the desired start date. After ordering, we will email you additional application materials specific to the university.
- Complete those materials and submit to Sevenstar. Once received, we will enroll the student with the university.
- Upon approval, Taylor University will email the student directly with instructions for accessing and completing his/her coursework on the university’s platforms.
Since its founding in 1889, Gordon College has become one of the nation's premier Christian liberal arts colleges. Located just north of Boston, Gordon offers students extraordinary access to leading-edge opportunities for intellectual, professional, and leadership development to address the increasingly complex challenges of a global society— all rooted in the Christian faith. Gordon stands apart from other outstanding institutions in New England by combining an exceptional education with an informed Christian faith. Studying at Gordon is about preparing to lead your life well. A challenging education within a framework of faith offers students the freedom to curiously and courageously wrestle with tough questions, entertain new ideas, seek truth, and take action.
Distinctive elements of dual credit with Gordon
- Fixed enrollment schedule—classes are taught by Gordon faculty, comprised of current Gordon students, and follow the college’s normal term schedule.
- While facilitated by Gordon’s professors, courses are designed to be asynchronous and self-directed. This allows students to work on their college courses at anytime from anywhere.
- Courses offered represent core courses that will likely be needed at any Christian liberal arts college and will easily transfer to a student’s institution of choice.
- Click here to submit a course request and pay in the Sevenstar system at least 2 weeks ahead of the course start date. After ordering, we will email you additional application materials specific to the college.
- Complete those materials and submit to Sevenstar. Once received, we will enroll the student with the college.
- Upon approval, Gordon College will email the student directly with instructions for accessing and completing his/her coursework on the college’s platforms.