Dual credit from regionally-accredited Christian colleges and universities
Our dual credit program enables students to earn high school and college credits by taking a single course. For many high school students, it is an affordable way to gain college credit, earn scholarships, and explore Christian colleges.
At most institutions, students will enroll in classes with a college professor and learn within the college institution’s learning management system. Upon successful completion of a dual credit course, students will earn a half credit at Sevenstar for each 3 or 4 credit hour college course. The college or university will also provide the student with a final grade and send instructions to request an official transcript for the credit(s) earned.
Please note that most dual credit courses are college freshman-level with no prerequisites.
Before You Order
- Decide on the course(s) of interest.
- Read through the enrollment requirements and “more information” area of the particular college/university.
- If needed, schedule a Dual Credit Guidance Phone Call by emailing [email protected] to learn about the:
- Timeline for your college/university
- Paperwork required to be admitted
- Additional fees (if applicable)
- Check with prospective college registrars about the rules for transferring credit.
How it works
- Submit a course request by emailing [email protected] with the course title, college name, and enrollment dates.
- Our enrollment office will contact you with the required enrollment/application information for the specific course and college.
- Return the additional information and all enrollment requirement documents listed for the college selected to our enrollment office
- The student will then be enrolled at the college by our enrollment office (there may be other items to complete through the college such as a required pretest, etc.)
- Upon college approval, the student will receive an enrollment email directly from the college
- The student will begin taking the course from the college website and need to keep in mind all the items agreed to in the Dual Credit Contract and the end date for the course
Our dual credit institutions and courses
Boyce College (KY)
Boyce College is in a position to train students who will serve the church and engage the culture from a convictional and biblical worldview, regardless of the challenges before them. The Boyce College Dual Enrollment Program provides students the unique opportunity to pursue an advanced curriculum toward postsecondary education while still in high school. Participating in dual enrollment saves time and money in the journey of earning a college degree as classes are transferrable to both Christian and secular schools.
- Submit a course requestand pay in the Sevenstar system 4 weeks ahead of the course start date. We will then email you our dual credit contract.
- Your tests scores (read details), official high school transcript with an embossed seal, completed parent consent and FERPA forms, and dual credit contract will be sent from Sevenstar to Boyce College upon receipt of your paid course request.
High school students can earn up to 21 hours through the Boyce College dual enrollment at a rate of no more than six hours (two classes) per semester.
Bryan College (TN)
Bryan College is an independent, non-denominational, Christian, liberal arts college which opened in 1930. Bryan students are challenged to examine truth from a biblical perspective and to practice the college mission statement of making a difference in today’s world. Dayton, Tennessee.
Students who complete the Understanding the Times course through Sevenstar with a C or above can earn 3 hours of college credit through Bryan College, a fully accredited Christian liberal arts college in Dayton, TN. These credits are transferable to most colleges and universities (both religious and secular) and is transcripted as Philosophy 112 under the title “Understanding the Times.” The payment of $350 to apply for dual credit is made directly to Bryan College and all details can be found on this page. Questions will be answered by the staff at Summit Ministries.
Davis College (NY)
Davis College is a Bible-centered higher education institution committed to making an impact upon the world for Jesus Christ by the fostering of Christian character and the equipping of students with the knowledge, competencies, and skills needed in an ever-changing world for service and leadership within the church, Christian organizations and society. Each course is eight weeks in length and has up to five start dates per year.
- Submit a course request and pay in the Sevenstar system 3 weeks ahead of the course start date (view start dates). We will send you additional Davis College application materials and our dual credit contract.
- Complete the additional Davis application materials and return it to our enrollment office. All paperwork will be sent to Davis College to start their admissions process.
God’s Bible School and College (OH)
Courses from God’s Bible School & College (GBS) begin each semester and summer. Courses do not require a minimum number of students to start. Please note that extensions requested after the course end date will incur an additional fee on top of the extension amount.
- Submit a course request and pay in the Sevenstar system 4 weeks ahead of time (view start dates). We will then send you our dual credit contract.
- Complete the dual credit contract and return it to our enrollment office. Your application and dual credit contract will be sent from Sevenstar to GBS to start their admissions process.
The King’s College (NY)
The King’s College is a classical Christian college, which seeks to transform society by preparing students for careers in which they help to shape and eventually to lead strategic public and private institutions. As a high school, dual-enrollment student, you will have the opportunity to take rigorous college level courses with renowned faculty. High school students may take up to two 16-week courses per semester. No course extensions beyond the stated completion time will be granted.
- Submit a course request and pay in the Sevenstar system 6 weeks ahead of your desired start date (view start dates). We will email you the additional application materials from The King’s College and our dual credit contract.
- Complete the additional application materials from The King’s College and return it to our enrollment office along with a teacher or principal recommendation and an official transcript that bears an embossed seal. Once the application is complete, Sevenstar will send it to The King’s College to start their admissions process.
LeTourneau University (TX)
LeTourneau University’s (LETU) dual enrollment program allows high school students who have at least a 3.0 high school GPA to earn college credit as they complete the requirements for their high school degree. Student programs at LETU are taught using Christian principles and values built upon a foundation of biblical authority, which glorify God by integrating faith, learning, and living. The school offers several courses that other universities do not offer—check it out! They also offer a $16,000 renewable scholarship for any student who succeeds in one of their online dual credit courses and then enrolls full-time on their campus.
- Submit a course request and pay in the Sevenstar system 6 weeks ahead of your desired start date (see LETU start dates). We will email you additional LETU application materials and our dual credit contract.
- Complete the additional application materials from LETU and return it to our enrollment office with your official H.S. Transcript at least 5 weeks ahead of your desired start date (see LETU start dates).
- Sevenstar will enroll the student with LETU once all forms and transcript have been submitted to Sevenstar (at least 5 weeks before the LETU start date).
- LETU courses last 15 weeks and there are no extensions.
- LETU will email the student directly with LETU log on information and steps to follow “Prior” to the start date of your course.
Taylor University (IN)
The courses from Taylor University cover an amazing array of subjects. Students may begin on any day of the year and have four months to complete the course. There is a one-time 4 month extension available for $250. Please note that extensions requested after the course end date will incur an additional fee on top of the extension amount. Click here to view a PDF document of course suggestions provided by Taylor University for potential Taylor University Campus students.
- Submit a course request and pay in the Sevenstar system 2 weeks ahead of your desired start date. We will email you additional Taylor University application materials and our dual credit contract.
- Complete the additional paperwork from Taylor University and return it to our enrollment office. Once the application is complete, Sevenstar will enroll the student with Taylor University.