The high school chemistry course is a two-segment study of the foundations of chemistry, building on the concepts and scientific thinking laid in middle school science. Students use scientific inquiry and higher-order problem solving as they explore the composition, properties, and changes of matter and their applications through interactive simulations, engineering solutions, and virtual and hands-on experiences. Scientific inquiry, research, experimental procedures, data collection and analysis, and making inferences are an integral part of the learning experience. In addition, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) concepts are integrated throughout the course. Through phenomenon-based learning, students will be able to demonstrate a vast understanding of the importance of chemistry in the world, enabling them to apply these principles to their everyday lives and our global society.
- National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA®)
- University of California (UC)
10th-12th Grade recommended
Course Types Available:
- 1 Credit – Full course (12 weeks minimum / 12 months maximum)
- ½ Credit – 1st semester only (6 weeks minimum / 6 months maximum)
- ½ Credit – 2nd semester only (6 weeks minimum / 6 months maximum)
- Honors track available
Biblical Integration Information:
Required Course Materials:
Household items for lab experiments.