Our vision is to partner with others to build a global learning community that glorifies God.
To work toward its vision, Sevenstar uses this mission: to provide outstanding online Christian education that instructs the mind and heart of each student.
Sevenstar partners with Christian schools and families worldwide to provide high-quality, Christ-centered education. We offer more than 100 courses for 6-12thgrade, as well as over 200 dual credit courses from leading Christian colleges and universities. Our staff desires to glorify Christ, teach students how to process information, and think critically in the context of a biblical worldview. Our courses are rigorous and exceed all national standards and recommendations.
Sevenstar Academy is an accredited Christian school for middle and high school students seeking a diploma. Families around the world who seek academic excellence with a Christian worldview will also discover a flexible learning environment where nurturing teachers provide wonderful living models for young hearts and minds. Students receive a well-rounded and personalized educational experience, becoming independent thinkers well prepared for college and beyond.
We believe that all students and staff should be involved in fulfilling the Great Commission (Matt. 28:19-20). Therefore, the continuous evaluation and assessment of students and staff—in order to foster improvement—will be part of the education experience. Our school also wants to involve parents as partners in the learning experience, for though Sevenstar Academy serves the Christian family and sometimes school, our staff feels that parents have primary responsibility for their children’s education.
Who we serve
Sevenstar desires to serve all students, families and schools seeking an outstanding online, Christ-centered education.
How we provide a Christ-centered education
Sevenstar employs staff and teachers who believe in our Statement of Faith. Our subject-certified instructors care about the lives of their students and strive to develop positive relationships. As instructors facilitate the courses, they are intentional about helping students grow academically and spiritually. The student’s home values, church doctrines, and personal beliefs are respected.
We believe that, to Glorify God, our courses must be at the highest levels of rigor and use the best of what we know about how students learn online. Sevenstar has consciously designed each course with the ability to adapt Biblical applications and discussions for further dialogue. This unique approach to online education provides each student with the opportunity to understand his or her courses from a Biblical worldview. With academic excellence as a priority, the integration of faith and scripture is implemented into every area of our courses to add value to the formation of the whole student, mind and spirit, in order to strengthen the student’s Christian faith. Our online courses have been approved by Protestant and Catholic educators. The Bible courses are not designed to reinforce a denominational doctrine (Lutheran, Catholic, Methodist…). Rather they let the Bible speak for itself.
About the Sevenstar name
The number seven is significant in God’s Word. Seven represents perfection, completeness, and abundance. Stars are mentioned frequently as well as Jesus himself is the Bright and Morning Star, the One whose face shines like the sun.
- Seven days in the week, seven clean animals taken into the ark, seven years of feast and seven of famine…
- Seven lights on the golden lampstand, seven sprinklings of blood on the Mercy Seat, seven circles around Jericho….
- Seven dips in the Jordan River, seven loaves and some fish, seven statements of Christ on the cross….
In Revelation 1:16, Christ holds seven stars in His right hand, which represent the seven angels of the seven churches. In the vast universe God has created, millions of stars reflect His light; yet He has numbered each one, and knows it by name. Likewise, He created millions of people to reflect the Son’s light; and yet He still knows each of us by name and desires an intimate, redemptive relationship with us.
And so it is that Sevenstar endeavors to provide Christian education worthy of its name—complete and abundant, glorifying Christ and reflecting His light to those who seek Him, across all seven continents of the earth He created.
Our core values
All Sevenstar does and all it teaches will be rooted in Christ.
Like the Son, Sevenstar seeks to glorify the Father in all relationships and activities.
Sevenstar desires excellence in everything, but most importantly in academics, thereby maximizing each student’s potential to grow.
Sevenstar values students as individuals, and endeavors to make decisions based upon what is best for students.
Sevenstar believes quality education involves sharing among students, parents, instructors, organizations in providing programs, materials, and services.
Sevenstar understands that demonstrating love through serving others encourages learning and maturity.
Sevenstar will be attentive to the Holy Spirit in appreciating the diverse world God has created, recognizing how and where Sevenstar fits into God’s plans.
Statement of faith
- The Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God (2 Timothy 3:16, 2 Peter 1:21);
- There is one God, eternally existent in three persons—Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Genesis 1:1, Matthew 28:19, John 10:30);
- In the deity of Christ (John 10:33), His virgin birth (Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23, Luke 1:35), His sinless life (Hebrews 4:15, Hebrews 7:26), His miracles (John 2:11), His vicarious and atoning death (1 Corinthians 15:3, Ephesians 1:7, Hebrews 2:9), His resurrection (John 11:25, 1 Corinthians 15:4), His ascension to the right hand of God (Mark 16:19), His personal return in power and glory (Acts 1:11, Revelation 19:11);
- In the absolute necessity of regeneration by the Holy Spirit for salvation because of the exceeding sinfulness of human nature; and that we are justified on the single ground of faith in the shed blood of Christ and that only by God’s grace and through faith alone we are saved. (John 3:16–19, John 5:24, Romans 3:23, Romans 5:8–9, Ephesians 2:8–10, Titus 3:5);
- In the resurrection of both the saved and the lost—the saved to the resurrection of life, and the lost to the resurrection of condemnation (John 5:28–29);
- In the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ (Romans 8:9, 1 Corinthians 12:12–13, Galatians 3:26–28);
- In the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life (Romans 8:13–14, 1 Corinthians 3:16, 1 Corinthians 6:19–20, Ephesians 4:30, Ephesians 5:18)
- That all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, and value all human life. Ps. 139;
- That marriage is limited to a covenant relationship between a man and a woman. Sex outside of marriage is sinful. Heb. 13:4;
This statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as the inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks with final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. 2 Timothy 3:16
Source: The Association of Christian Schools International